concept and lyrics by David Byrne
music by David Byrne and Fatboy Slim
additional music by Tom Gandey and J Pardo
choreographed by Annie-B Parson
directed by Alex Timbers
Seattle Rep’s Bagley Wright Theatre transforms into a wild dance party, where techno beats spin and tell the story of the People Power Revolution that inspired the world and changed the Philippines forever. Here Lies Love traces the non-violent restoration of democracy in the Philippines in 1986 and follows the meteoric rise and dramatic fall of the controversial First Lady of the Philippines, Imelda Marcos. Two-time Tony-nominated director Alex Timbers helms David Byrne (Talking Heads) and Fatboy Slim’s one-of-a-kind “poperetta” about the Filipina “Steel Butterfly” and the power of the people.
Originally produced by The Public Theater in New York
IMPORTANT POINTS TO KNOW:
The Bagley Wright Theatre will completely transform into an immersive, 360-degree spectacle unlike anything you've ever seen before!
MAIN FLOOR: STANDING
- Personal items like small handbags are allowed on the main floor, but they must be kept on your person at all times. We recommend that the item does not exceed more than 14” wide and 12 1/4'” tall.
- You will be asked to check larger items
- Expect to move on the main floor, so please be attired in comfortable footwear!
- If you’re ticketed in gallery rows B or D, you will be seated in a 36” high, nontraditional theatre chair.
- All other rows in the gallery will have 18” high, nontraditional theatre chairs
- If you’re ticketed in rows A & B in Galleries 1 or 2, a lift will be provided to those who are unable to climb stairs. All other gallery seats will be stair-access only. (If you need a little extra time finding your seat, please ensure you arrive 30 minutes before the show starts.)
- Due to the limitations of space, there will be NO LATE SEATING! Please note the arrival time that will be listed on your ticket.
- Run time of the performance is approximately 90 minutes with no intermission.
- To receive the full experience, those with main floor tickets will be expected to stand for the entire run time.
- Seated tickets may have moments of obstructed views.
- For those seated in the balcony, moments of the viewing experience will be seen on a screen