Seattle Rep is starting open dialogues with local Native communities to find ways that we can support and highlight in authentic and non-colonial ways. If you would be willing to share your insight or open up a dialogue with us, please contact Arts Engagement. If you are interested in supporting the Duwamish Tribe directly, visit realrentduwamish.org.
Seattle Rep is working to support and build relationships with Native artists, organizations, and individuals through the following:
- In July 2021, Seattle Rep started paying Real Rent to the Duwamish Tribe as part of an ongoing anti-racism and accountability commitment. “Real Rent” calls on people who live and work in Seattle to make “rent” payments to the Duwamish Tribe. All of “Real Rent” goes to the non-profit Duwamish Tribal Services, run by the Duwamish Tribe, which provides social, educational, health, and cultural services for tribal members, including supporting the operations of the Duwamish Longhouse and Cultural Center, which is a free museum, event space, and community center. Seattle Rep will pay $1855 each year in Real Rent (or $154.58/month) in recognition of the Treaty of Point Elliott, which was signed between the U.S. Government and the Duwamish (along with several other area tribes) in 1855.
- Seattle Rep offers free tickets for Native individuals to see all our shows. To request complimentary tickets, contact the Patron Services Office at 206.443.2222.
- In 2021, Seattle Rep launched its annual Native Artist-in-Residence program, which aims to highlight Native voices and educate non-Native audiences and our staff through art, discussion, and community engagement.
- Seattle Rep provides our PONCHO Forum space for free (when available) for any Native groups. If you would like to inquire about using this space, please contact Patron Services.
- Native organizations are provided space on our lobby Resource Table for each of our shows. If you would like to have information about your organization or tribe in our lobby this season please contact Patron Services or drop off your materials any time during business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) at Seattle Rep's reception desk at: 540 Warren Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109.
If you would like to inquire about or connect with us regarding any of the opportunities above, please contact the Patron Services Office.