SEATTLE, WA (August 18, 2021) – Seattle Rep today announced that it will join many area performance groups — including The 5th Avenue Theatre, ACT - A Contemporary Theatre, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Seattle Opera, the Seattle Symphony, and Village Theatre — in requiring masks and vaccinations or a negative COVID-19 test for all attendees to its performances in order to ensure a safe and successful return of the Seattle area arts scene.
Children younger than 12 years and individuals with a medical condition or closely held religious belief preventing vaccination can instead provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of the performance start time. Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, a laboratory, or a health care provider cannot be accepted. Masks will be required for all attendees at all times in the venue, except while actively eating or drinking.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination (for persons over the age of 12):
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered).
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document.
- A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device.
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (for children under 12 and those with medical or religious exemptions):
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory).
- An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result.
Seattle Rep anticipates vaccination and masking provisions to remain in place for the foreseeable future during the upcoming season and expects to review these policies on an ongoing basis, evolving them as need be.
# # #