Sensory-friendly performances welcome audiences to engage in an accessible and relaxing theater-going experience. This theatergoing experience is made to cater to people with sensory sensitivities. The autism and neurodivergent communities especially benefit from these performances, where adjustments are made to make your audience experience comfortable.
Some adjustments that you can expect to create an accepting and welcoming environment for all include:
- Trained ushers, volunteers, and front-of-house staff.
- A large quiet area in the lobby.
- Fidget items available for all audience members.
- Sensory kits available for check out, including noise-reducing ear protectors.
- House lights slightly raised.
- Loud noises, strobe lights, and other over-stimulating effects reduced or eliminated.
- Assistive devices allowed throughout the performance, including tablets and phones.
- Space to move, talk, make noise, leave your seats, and re-enter the theater throughout the performance.
In addition to dedicated sensory friendly performances, all of Seattle Rep's productions are sensory accessible. Find sensory guides for our productions below.
Social NarrativeDownload Guide
Read about the things you will see at Seattle Rep
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican DaughterDownload Guide
Dickens and His CarolDownload Guide
What the Constitution Means to MeDownload Guide
Where We BelongDownload Guide
Selling KabulDownload Guide
Teenage DickDownload Guide
Freestyle Love SupremeDownload Guide