Don't miss your chance to travel with Seattle Rep to Chicago this fall! Join us October 12-14, 2023 for a weekend of shows at some of Chicago’s most famous theaters.
Chicago is well known for being a national hub for the arts and is home to a diverse theater scene—from iconic storefronts, to comedic houses, and regional and national touring venues. You'll enjoy thought-provoking theater, great company, and behind-the-scenes artistic experiences. A preliminary itinerary* is detailed below:
Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Welcome Reception at 5 p.m. at The Kimpton Gray Hotel
- Performance of The Nacirema Society Requests the Honor of Your Presence at a Celebration of Their First One Hundred Years at the Goodman’s Albert Theatre
A “laugh-out-loud” (Broadway World) “hilarious comedy” (Arts ATL) from nationally renowned playwright, poet, and NY Times best-selling author Pearl Cleage.
Friday, October 13, 2023
- Group transportation to and from Glencoe, IL
- Three-course, pre-show dinner at Guildhall
- Performance of Sarah Ruhl’s Eurydice at Writers Theatre
See the first play directed by Seattle Rep’s former Artistic Director, Braden Abraham, in his new artistic home!
Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Performance of Blues for an Alabama Sky at Remy Bumppo
A bold character drama, Pearl Cleage’s play presents a Depression-era Harlem on the rise as people from across the country find new life and new inspiration in the community.
- Pre-show dinner (Details to be announced)
- Performance of Revolution at A Red Orchid Theatre
A world-premiere play written by ensemble member Brett Neveu at one of Chicago’s celebrated small, ensemble-based theaters.
- Post-show party (Details to be announced)
*In addition to these activities, guests will also enjoy curated opportunities to connect with creatives from these productions and get a behind-the-scenes perspective. Final itinerary with meeting times and locations will be provided closer to departure. Itinerary is subject to change.
The cost of the trip is $2,000 per person (non-refundable, $500 tax-deductible). The trip cost does not include airfare, hotel, or all ground transportation. Seattle Rep will provide a group rate at a downtown hotel; guests are responsible for booking hotel and airfare arrangements on their own.
Please contact Donor Stewardship Specialist Lyric Lewis at email@example.com or by phone at 206.462.1227 to register or for questions. Space for this trip is limited and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space, with full payment due on September 20, 2023.