Preparing our blood supply for extreme weather is critical for patients. Please book your blood donation appointment today as part of your emergency preparedness plan!
Please note that in October 2023, Bloodworks switched to a new appointment portal. You may need to create a new account to schedule your appointment.
If you need help booking your appointment, please e-mail the Bloodworks Donor Care Team at schedule@BloodworksNW.org
PONCHO Forum at Seattle Rep
155 Mercer St., Seattle, WA 98109
Enter through the main Patron Services Office entrance at the corner of 2nd Ave N. and Mercer St. Find directions and parking information here.
- Appointments: Scheduled appointments are required at all Bloodworks donor centers and mobile drives. Same day appointments are available at most locations.
- Visitors: For safety reasons, we kindly request no visitors under 16 at our donation sites. Space is limited in our lobbies, so other visitors may be asked to wait outside.
- Masking: Bloodworks Northwest is now a mask-optional environment for donors and staff, except for locations where the blood drive organizer requires masking. Bloodworks will continue to offer complimentary masks for those who need or choose to wear one.
- COVID-19 Vaccine & Blood Donation: Receiving the COVID-19 vaccine does not impact your ability to give blood. You may donate immediately after receiving the COVID vaccine as long as you are feeling well and all other donor criteria are met. Read more about Bloodworks' COVID safety protocols here.
- Blood donation is a critical part of public health. The safety of donors, staff, and volunteers is our top priority. Bloodworks continues to follow strict safety and cleaning protocols.
Recent FDA Eligiblity Updates
The FDA no longer determines a donors eligibility based on their sexual orientation, which often eliminated gay and bisexual men from being able to donate blood. Now, all potential donors, regardless of gender or sexual orientation are asked the same questions to determine eligibility to donate blood. Bloodworks implemented the new individual donor assessment guidance on December 6, 2023. The new FDA policy further ensures safety of the blood supply, treats all potential donors equally, and enables more people the opportunity to donate blood.
In addition to the donor history questionnaire, all blood donations undergo more than a dozen tests to ensure donations are safe for patients, including HIV, Hepatitis B and C, West Nile and other infectious diseases.
About Bloodworks Northwest
Bloodworks Northwest is an independent, non-profit organization harnessing donor gifts to provide a safe, lifesaving blood supply to 95% of hospitals in the Pacific Northwest.