Public Works Production Auditions 2023
We are incredibly excited to announce auditions for our upcoming summer Public Works production!
Our rehearsal process will run from July 19 to Opening Night on August 25. We will have four performances between August 25 and August 27.
Rehearsals will be held Wednesday through Friday evenings from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tech rehearsals are scheduled for Sunday, August 20; Tuesday, August 22; Wednesday, August 23; and Thursday, August 24. The entire company will be called to all tech rehearsals, and we will not be able to accommodate conflicts during that time.
Sign-ups are now open! Click here to access the audition form. Please note that, while we are back to a full, live production, we will have a smaller cast size than we did for The Odyssey or As You Like It, with a community cast of 60 people.
As in previous years, you are welcome to audition with any material you like! Please limit your material to two minutes. You can share a song, a monologue, a dance, a dramatic reading, a series of jokes – whatever you are comfortable with and excited about. In the first round of auditions, we just want to get to know YOU as a person and performer. A piece of advice, however: if you are particularly excited about a specific type of role (i.e. singing, spoken lines, or dancing), it is helpful to share that with us by auditioning accordingly. For example, if you are excited to be considered for a singing role, it would be great for you to sing in your audition!
We’ll host auditions the week of March 20 at each of our partner locations, in addition to two weekend sessions. The schedule for auditions is as follows:
- Monday, March 20 from 2–4 p.m. – Seattle Central College, 1524 Harvard Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Tuesday, March 21 from 1:30–3:30 p.m. – Byrd Barr Place, 722 18th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Wednesday, March 22 from 1–2:30 p.m. – Ballard Senior Center, 5429 32nd Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
- Wednesday, March 22 from 4:30–6 p.m. – Path with Art, 200 Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98109
- Thursday, March 23 from 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. – Renton Veterans Center, 419 S 2nd St, Renton, WA 98057
- Thursday, March 23 from 4:30–6 p.m. – North Seattle Boys and Girls Club, 8635 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103 *only open to NSBGC students
- Saturday, March 25 from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. – Seattle Rep, 155 Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98109
- Sunday, March 26 from 1–3 p.m. – Seattle Rep, 155 Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98109
Callbacks will be held Friday, April 14 and Saturday, April 15, with location and exact times TBA.
We will not necessarily see everyone who auditions for callbacks – but this is not an indication of whether you will be cast or not. Callbacks are an opportunity for the creative team to get more information as they make casting decisions, and you will still be in consideration if you are not asked to attend.
Looking to workshop ideas for your audition? Public Works will host an Audition Prep Clinic over Zoom AND in-person at Seattle Rep on Saturday, March 18 from 2-5 p.m. Sign up for a slot here!